Thursday, May 15, 2008

A busy day, not really!

Beautiful AZ flowers! New inspiration for new bags. The creative juices are flowing...

I was always and orange fan, mixed with the yellow it pops! Maybe some glass beads will help duplicate the colors of the desert. Time will tell. I will be printing pictures to hang in my studio for continued inspiration...even on cloudy Missouri days!

This purple tote has hand felted flowers and wooden handles in chocolate. I love this color combination! It was inspired by spring on the plains. No sunshine here yet, just green grass and flowers. After an anniversary (14 years)/mother's day trip to AZ I am anxious to create bags using desert browns and bright cactus flower colors. New bags coming soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really enjoying your blog a great deal! Thank you!
I will be printing pictures to hang in my studio for continued inspiration..

misschris said...

ooh! ooh! Your photos are pretty, too, Purl... can't wait to see what you with your new floral inspiration....

And I am LOVING the purple bag. Love it. Is this the same one you were working on poolside??

mayaluna said...

Lovely photos! I never think to print my own pix for inspiration...how obvious...thanks for opening my eyes!:)

Shannon said...

A woman after my own heart! I adore making bags as well. This one is gorgeous. I simply love the flowers. Good work!

CraftyCarole said...

that bag is purty! thanks for stopping by my blog. I can't wait to see what pops up after a few days of vacation either :-)